I’ve been looking into Creative Director jobs and came across this advert on The Book Recruitment website. It gives a good outline of the type of person you would need to be to work at that level in an agency. I was particularly interested in the post as it is Manchester based; it’s good news that these sorts of post are up north, as I don’t like the thought of moving south.
Key areas I would need to get this type of job are:
- leadership (have it but could be more confident and get experience of leading creatives)
- bags of professionalism (tick)
- assertive (can speak up, but takes a while for me to be comfortable in larger groups)
- cope well on pressure and multiple deadlines (tick tick – loads of examples in previous jobs and uni)
- able to work with demanding clients (hello Graham 😉 )
- knowledge of branding (yip, in my previous life)
- delivering projects concept to delivery (lots of examples for real life)
- award winning portfolio (I have plenty of marketing awards, but I could try to earn more creative ones)
Now here’s the sticky bits:
- As the perfect candidate you will have an in-depth knowledge of current design trends, interaction design and user experience. You’ll also have a working knowledge of video / audio production, 3D modelling / animation and through-the-line marketing, all of which will help you start and keep lasting relationships with specialist suppliers and the creative industry as a whole. (eer, not really, but I guess that’s where the fiver years experience comes in. But the saving grace is my proven TTL experience and relationship building/maintaining.)
What I need to do:
- get lots of practical real life experience in lots of graphic areas and packages
- lead a creative team
- win awards
- prove it all in a portfolio
- wait five years
5 + years exp
One of the UK’s leading digital agencies are looking to secure the services of an experienced Creative Director to join their Manchester based team.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the best agencies in the UK and take creative ownership of a flagship account. You will be responsible for the definition and delivery of the digital brand presence of a luxury automotive brand, from concepts to live delivery, as well as managing a tight knit team of creatives.
As a leader, your personality will be just as important as your creativity. You will have bags of professionalism, be assertive and cope well under pressure, all the while juggling various high end projects, multiple deadlines and (sometimes) a demanding client!
Does this sound like your ideal opportunity? As the perfect candidate you will have an in-depth knowledge of current design trends, interaction design and user experience. You’ll also have a working knowledge of video / audio production, 3D modelling / animation and through-the-line marketing, all of which will help you start and keep lasting relationships with specialist suppliers and the creative industry as a whole.
Ideally your portfolio will clearly demonstrate a proven track record of creating influential and award-winning designs, which showcase your and your team’s creative input.
If you have the relevant background and skill set to meet this highly sought-after role, please get in touch today! This really is an unmissable opportunity for someone looking for change, progression and the chance to work with some of the world’s leading brands.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience – figures provided are for reference only.