Blogging film trailers when looking at other documentaries has made me consider the needs of my documentary to enable it to reach an audience and fulfil its role. Although it may not be within the scope or timescale of CoP3 it is still something I wish to consider as without sharing it the film will simply document my learning, it only becomes a documentary when that learning reaches an audience.
What may be needed to support the promotion of the documentary:
- a trailer
- an identity, for example for title credits
- a website and/or social media
- DVD box and label (a designer involved in the project has expressed an interest in helping with this)
- online posting – upgrade in Vimeo to match size limits
- places to screen it live to an audience (not just watch online)